Prof. Dr. Kotohiro Nomura
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science and Engineering
Tokyo Metropolitan University
1-1 Minami Osawa, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-0397, Japan
tel.&fax: 81-42/677-2547 e-mail: ktnomura＠tmu.ac.jp
Date of birth: September, 1963 (Japan). Married, wife and two sons
B.S.: Saitama University (3/86): Prof. A. Miyashita
M.S.: University of Tokyo (3/88): Prof. Y. Saito
Ph.D.: Osaka University (3/93): Prof. N. Sonoda
Postdoc.: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (8/93-8/95): Prof. R. R. Schrock
4/88- Research Scientist, Organic Synthesis Research Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
9/95- Research Scientist (7/’96- Research Associate), Petrochemicals Research Laboratory, Sumitomo
Chemical Co., Ltd.
4/98- Associate Professor, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
4/10- Professor, Tokyo Metropolitan University
>270 original and reviewing articles, book chapters in scientific journals (February, 2017).
>30 (domestic) and >10 (international) patents.
(1) The Chemical Society of Japan, March 1996, The CSJ Award for Young Chemists in Technical Development,
“Transition metal catalyzed chemoselective reduction of aromatic nitro compounds under CO/H2O conditions”
(2) Catalysis Society of Japan, March 2001, Society Award (Chemistry & Engineering Section), “Development of
process for 2,3-dimethylbutenes by dimerization of propylene using homogeneous nickel-phosphine catalysis”
(3) Lady Davis Visiting Professor Fellowship, 2006, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (Haifa, Israel)
(4) Visiting Lecturer of Chemistry Research Promotion Center, National Science Council, Republic of China, 2011
(5) Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) President’s International Fellowship Initiative (CAS Institute of Chemistry, Visiting Professor), 2017
Memberships & Editorial
Editorial Board: Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, Elsevier, The Netherlands (1995 – ); Letters in
Organic Chemistry, Bentham Science, USA (2007-); Catalysts, MDPI (Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing
Institute) Publishing, Basel, Switzerland (2010 – ); Green Sustainable Chemistry, Scientific Research Publishing,
Inc., USA (2011-); ISRN (International Scholarly Network) Chemical Engineering, Hindawi Publushing Co.,
USA (2011-); Journal of Catalysts, Hindawi Publushing Co., USA (2012-).
Membership: American Chemical Society; Catalysis Society of Japan; The Japan Petroleum Institute; Chemical
Society of Japan; Kinki Chemical Society, Japan; The Society of Polymer Science, Japan; The Society of Synthetic
Organic Chemistry, Japan.