Prof. Dr. Kotohiro Nomura
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Science and Engineering
Tokyo Metropolitan University
1-1 Minami Osawa, Hachioji, Tokyo 192-0397, Japan
tel.&fax: 81-42/677-2547 e-mail: ktnomura＠tmu.ac.jp
Date of birth: September, 1963 (Japan). Married, wife and two sons
B.S.: Saitama University (3/86): Prof. A. Miyashita
M.S.: University of Tokyo (3/88): Prof. Y. Saito
Ph.D.: Osaka University (3/93): Prof. N. Sonoda
Postdoc.: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (8/93-8/95): Prof. R. R. Schrock
4/88- Research Scientist, Organic Synthesis Research Laboratory, Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
9/95- Research Scientist (7/’96- Research Associate), Petrochemicals Research Laboratory, Sumitomo
Chemical Co., Ltd.
4/98- Associate Professor, Nara Institute of Science and Technology
4/10- Professor, Tokyo Metropolitan University
ca.>300 original and reviewing articles, book chapters in scientific journals (April, 2019).
>30 (domestic) and >10 (international) patents.
(1) The Chemical Society of Japan, March 1996, The CSJ Award for Young Chemists in Technical Development,
“Transition metal catalyzed chemoselective reduction of aromatic nitro compounds under CO/H2O conditions”
(2) Catalysis Society of Japan, March 2001, Catalysis Society of Japan Award (Industrial field) , “Development of
process for 2,3-dimethylbutenes by dimerization of propylene using homogeneous nickel-phosphine catalysis”
(3) Lady Davis Visiting Professor Fellowship, 2006, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology (Haifa, Israel)
(4) Visiting Lecturer of Chemistry Research Promotion Center, National Science Council, Republic of China, 2011
(5) Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) President’s International Fellowship Initiative (CAS Institute of Chemistry), 2017; Visiting Professor
(6) “Chaire intemationale′, Université Libre de Bruxelles (ULB), 2017; Visiting Professor
(7) Catalysis Society of Japan, March 2019, Catalysis Society of Japan Award (Academic field) , “Design of efficient titanium and vanadium complex catalysts for olefin precise polymerization and selective dimerization”
Memberships & Editorial
Section Editor-in Chief, Catalysts, MDPI Publishing, Basel, Switzerland (2019-)
Editor in Chief, Journal of the Japan Petroleum Institute, Japan Petroleum Institute, Japan (2020-)
Editorial Board: Molecular Catalysis (Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical), Elsevier, The Netherlands (1995-); Catalysts (2010-); Green Sustainable Chemistry, Scientific Research Publishing, Inc., USA (2011-).
Membership: American Chemical Society; The Chemical Society of Japan; Catalysis Society of Japan; The Japan Petroleum Institute; The Society of Polymer Science, Japan; The Society of Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Japan (-2020); The Kinki Chemical Society, Japan; Society of Polyolefin Science & Industry, Japan.